St. Patrick’s Day is this Saturday, March 17th. The best way to celebrate is out drinking beer at any Irish Pub you can find in the city. Here is a rundown of blogTo’s Best Irish Pubs in Toronto, any of which would be great to spend your night.
The National Home Show celebrates its 60th anniversary at the Direct Energy Centre at Exhibition Place (Mar 16-25th). It’s a perfect place to go if you’re looking for new ideas, expert advice or innovative products for your home and garden. Also taking place at Exhibition Place’s Direct Energy Centre (Mar 16-25th) is Canada Blooms, the largest flower and garden festival in the country, celebrating the best in gardening and floral design. The good news is that you can buy 1 ticket and visit both events on the same day. Find details here.
- Canadian Music Week kicks off on March 21st. There will be industry awards, CMW Film Fest and of course Canadian MusicFest with concerts held across the city. Check out the full festival schedule here.
- Looking for family-friendly activities for March Break? Check out Toronto.com’s March Break Guide for ideas.
Continuing this week:
- Toronto’s Sportsmen’s Show, Canada’s biggest Fishing and Outdoor show continues on until March 18th at the Metro Convention Centre.
- Game of Thrones: The Exhibition is on at TIFF Bell Lightbox until March 18th, presented by HBO Canada in association with TIFF. It features costumes, weaponry, props, still photography, behind-the-scenes video and never-before-seen-items from the set of HBO’s Game of Thrones.
- The Sugarbush Maple Syrup Festival invites you to join in the fun until April 9th. Click here for full event schedule, from maple syrup demos, sap sampling to pony rides and a petting zoo. And of course, there will be pancakes and maple syrup…so bring your sweet tooth.
- Maya: Secrets of their Ancient World are being revealed at the ROM until April 9th. Nearly 250 artifacts (including large sculptures, ceramics, masks, and jewellery) are featured in this exhibit from the Classic period (250-900 CE) .
Have a great week! Wishing you a Happy St. Patrick’s Day and here’s a great clip to get you in the spirit: