The Toronto St. Patrick’s Day Parade takes place this Sunday, March 11th. It starts at noon from Bloor and St. George then continues east along Bloor Street, south on Yonge Street and then heads west on Queen Street. Click here for the parade route.
Toronto Comicon is back in town this weekend (March 10-11). Here’s the schedule for the weekend. Attractions include celebrity guest autograph signings and Q&A sessions, sketch duels and chances to meet the cast of various web series. Fans are encourage to dress up in their favorite characters.
- Game of Thrones: The Exhibition is on at TIFF Bell Lightbox (March 9-18), presented by HBO Canada in association with TIFF. It features costumes, weaponry, props, still photography, behind-the-scenes video and never-before-seen-items from the set of HBO’s Game of Thrones.
- Looking for family-friendly activities for March Break? Check out Toronto.com’s March Break Guide for ideas.
- Toronto’s Sportsmen’s Show, Canada’s biggest Fishing and Outdoor show will be on March 14-18th at the Metro Convention Centre.
Continuing this week:
- Zero Hour, a multi-award winning production, written by and starring Jim Brochu as Zero Mostel, continues on until the end of the weekend (March 11th) at the Bathurst Street Theatre. In this highly acclaimed show, there’s no better choice than to have Brochu play tribute to his mentor Zero Mostel, who is best known on stage and screen for performances in Fiddler on the Roof, The Producers and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. But in Zero Hour, Brochu will introduce you to this funny and passionate man behind the stage, and his struggle and survival through showbiz, being blacklisted in Hollywood, an accident that almost left him without a leg, his love for painting and so much more. Toronto Star‘s Richard Ouzanian gives this play 3.5/4 stars and writes “I was fortunate enough to see Mostel several times in his prime in New York, and Brochu captures him to perfection. It’s not an imitation, it’s a total immersion in the man that almost defies belief.” Brochu’s performance is captivating. He will mesmerize you into thinking you’re in the room with him. If you love the theatre, this is definitely one show to add to your must-see list. Check out discounts at Travelzoo (on sale for 25$, down from regular price 67$).
- Maya: Secrets of their Ancient World are being revealed at the ROM until April 9th. Nearly 250 artifacts (including large sculptures, ceramics, masks, and jewellery) are featured in this exhibit from the Classic period (250-900 CE) .
Music in the City: Click here to find out who’s in town: Jam! ShowBiz Concert Listings.
Have a great weekend! One last thing, don’t forget to spring ahead this Sunday, March 11th at 2a.m. as clocks roll forward one hour into Daylight Savings Time.