Hope you’re having a great start to 2012. Have you broken any of your new year’s resolutions….yet?! Let’s hope not. Well, if diet is one of them, just forget the first event kicking off this weekend…
Winterlicious is back, my friends. It’s on from January 27th-February 9th. Your chance to dine from a prix fix menu from select restaurants around the city. Three-course lunches range from 15-25$ and dinners from 25-45$. Make reservations sooner rather than later.
- Chinese New Year Festivities will continue on this weekend in Chinatown (Dundas St W/Spadina). Head over this weekend and catch the lion dance parade, folk dancing, singing, magic shows and much more.
- Maya: Secrets of their Ancient World are being revealed at the ROM until April 9th. Nearly 250 artifacts (including large sculptures, ceramics, masks, and jewellery) are featured in this exhibit from the Classic period (250-900 CE) .
- Hamlet Live, a live stream performance, gives you 3 options to watch Hamlet 1) live on stage at the Annex Theatre or 2) online during a live stream performance or 3) via Hamlet on-demand. Hamlet Live is Canada’s first professional livestream live theatre event.
- The Interior Design Show, Canada’s largest contemporary design fair, takes place this weekend (Jan 26-29) at the Metro Convention Centre. World-famous designers and architects will be there as keynote speakers and exhibitors.
Continuing this week:
- Get your skates out and head to one of the many outdoor skating rinks available across the city including: Nathan Philips Square, Natrel Rink (Harbourfront Centre), Mel Lastman Square and Kew Gardens among others. For a full list of outdoor skating rinks and their status, click here. Also check out DJ Skate Nights on Saturday nights (8-11pm) at the Natrel Rink.
Music in the City: Click here to find out who’s in town: Jam! ShowBiz Concert Listings.
Have a great weekend!