The Canadian International Air Show flies in to town weekend (Sept 3-5). You’ll be able to catch the Canadian Forces Snowbirds, CF-18 Hornet, Canadian Forces Skyhawks (who will make a splash, parachuting into Lake Ontario to celebrate their 40th anniversary), the US Navy/Marine Corps MV-22 Osprey‘s debut Canadian air show appearance….and many more flybys. It takes place over Lake Ontario and the place with the best view is over the southwest waterfront grounds of the CNE, Ontario Place and any lake view location in that area. Check out the full line-up.
- ArtFest will be hosted at the Distillery District over the long weekend (Sept 2-5). Click here for a map and artists list of who will be on display. Check out paintings, pottery, sculptures and more at this outdoor festival.
- Don’t worry about the weather, the Hot and Spicy Food Festival (Sept 2-5) will heat you up at the Harbourfront, bringing great flavour and fun for foodies.
- Hispanic Fiesta makes its way to Mel Lastman Square (Sept 2-5), bringing together all Spanish-speaking groups to celebrate their culture and roots. There will be flamenco dancing, tango and folk, good eats and music that will get your feet moving.
Continuing this week:
- Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) continues this week and is on until Sept 5. Spend a day of fun at the amusement park, check out the live entertainment, parades and food.
- AGO‘s exclusive exhibition of Abstract Expressionist New York: Masterpieces from the Museum of Modern Art on now until September 4th *last chance
- Music in the City: Click here to find out who’s in town: Jam! ShowBiz Concert Listings. Highlights: Peter Bjorn and John at Lee’s Palace Sept 2nd and 3rd; Said the Whale, 2011 Juno award winners for New Group of the Year, perform at the Mod Club (Sept 8).
- Heads Up: Tickets just started selling for the Toronto International Film Festival, which takes place Sept 8-18. Check out the list of films this year. And keep an eye out as star-spotting is at its best this time of year in TO. With films from George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Madonna, Ryan Gossling, Michelle Williams and U2, you will be doing celebrity sighting double-takes all week-long.
Would you like to add your comments or any events? Please post them in the section below. And if you do venture outside this weekend, remember to bring a sweater and an umbrella. Have a great long weekend!