Wondering what to do in TO this weekend? Here’s what’s on the go:
Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) comes to the city Friday, August 19th, signifying the end of the summer and will stay in town until Sept 5. Spend a day of fun at the amusement park, check out the live entertainment, parades and food.
QueenWest MusicFest, a free live music event takes place at Trinity Bellwoods Park this Saturday, August 20th. Performers include: Stephen Prickett, Miss Emily, Mike Evin, Lazybones, Adams Rib and more.
- Continuing this week:
- Open Roof Festival, an outdoor film festival, takes place under the stars every Thursday night (until September 1st) and features a live band, a film and refreshments. It’s at Amsterdam Brewery. Buy tickets ahead, as it gets sold out.
- Cirque du Soleil Totem, a fascinating journey into the evolution of mankind goes on until October 9th. Acts include foot jugglers, roller skaters, trapeze, devil sticks, hoop dancers and unicycles.
- The 29th Annual Canadian Stage Dream features Shakespeare’s romantic comedy The Winter’s Tale, presented by Canadian Stage in High Park.
- AGO‘s exclusive exhibition of Abstract Expressionist New York: Masterpieces from the Museum of Modern Art on now until September 4th.
- Outdoor Movies: TIFF in the Park‘s Wednesday free summer-long outdoor screenings of classic musicals (at David Pecaut Square FKA Metro Square) continue this week, as does Movies Under the Stars free Friday movie nights at Downsview Park.
- Music in the City: Click here to find out who’s in town: Jam! ShowBiz Concert Listings. Highlights: Aug 20 Blue Rodeo are back at the Molson Ampitheatre.
Do you have any events you’d like to add? Just post any suggestions or comments in the section below. Have a great weekend!