The Manifesto, one of Canada’s largest hip-hop festivals, is in town September 15-25. This 11 day festival involves art exhibits, dance competitions, film screenings, workshops and outdoor concerts.
The Queen Street West Art Crawl makes its way into town this weekend (September 16-18). It showcases talented Canadian artists across the West Queen West and Parkdale communities. At Trinity Bellwoods Park (Sept 17 &18), the Outdoor Art Show & Sale will take place with over 250 artists from all over Ontario coming together to display their paintings, pottery, jewelry and more. On September 17, the Parkdale Nightcrawl invites you to draw, sculpt, sing and dance your way through a unique art adventure. It will bring you to various venues throughout the neighbourhood, including The Rhino, Poor John’s and Parts and Labour.
- The Toronto Beer Week is on tap in the city September 16-24. It’s a celebration of “great craft beer, the places that make it, and the establishments who serve it”. Events include beer tastings, samplers and pub crawls all over the city.
- Looking to get your feet moving this weekend? Head to Samba on Dundas (Sept 17 &18) for some great live music, food and shopping.
- If you’re in Bloor West Village (Sept 16-18), you can check out the Ukrainian Festival. On Bloor Street, from Glendowynne to Jane, the streets will be packed with dancers, performers, musicians, food vendors and a midway for kids.
- Another film festival is in town until Sept 18th, the Toronto Independent Film Festival aka TUFF (Toronto Underground Film Festival). Some titles listed are: “Leatha Accidents”, “I Hate Toronto: A Love Story”, “A Decent Arrangement”, “Hemorrhage” and more. Here is the full film line-up.
Continuing this week:
- Music in the City: Click here to find out who’s in town: Jam! ShowBiz Concert Listings.
Have a great weekend!